Mac OS GnuCash.app after custom MacPorts build?

Jan Steinman Jan at ecoreality.org
Tue Feb 3 19:13:18 EST 2015

I have been struggling with including MySQL and Quartz support in GnuCash. <gripe>Why can't MySQL support be included in the Mac OS X binary download?</gripe>

I successfully used MacPorts to build and install gnucash with libdbi. It opens in an an X-term, and allows MySQL to be selected.

I then followed the wiki instructions (http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/Quartz#Building_Libdbi_Drivers) to delete the X11 version and re-build for Quartz. I can now successfully run gnucash from a Terminal window rather than an X-term, and it lists MySQL as one of the "save" options. Whew!

However, I'm having some difficulty understanding the making of a bundle (http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/Quartz#Making_a_Bundle), specifically, where it says "Look through gnucash.launcher and gnucash.bundle and adjust the paths to match your installation."

I was sorta hoping those files would have something like:

#
# Change the following to the full path where gnucash resides:
#
bundle_root = '/opt/local/bin'

or something similar. Instead, I feel like I'm in a maze of twisty passages, all alike.

Can anyone who's successfully navigated building GnuCash.app help me with the process a bit?

Thanks!

:::: Current farmers, who have become mere operators of machines and mixers of chemicals, may not have the skills to develop a local, sustainable agriculture. A new generation of farmers, numbering in the tens of millions, will need to be trained and relocated to rural communities. -- Pat Murphy