Mac OS GnuCash.app after custom MacPorts build?

Jan Steinman Jan at ecoreality.org
Tue Feb 3 20:25:19 EST 2015

> If you built 32-bit libraries, though, you might be able to just copy libdbdmysql.so to Resources/lib/dbd in your existing bundle. Another user managed to do that a couple of months ago.

No joy in Mudville. Casey struck out.

Thanks for your help on required bundle info. I'll try that approach again.

Jan

On 2015-02-03, at 16:31, John Ralls wrote:

>> On Feb 3, 2015, at 4:13 PM, Jan Steinman <Jan at ecoreality.org> wrote:
>>
>> I have been struggling with including MySQL and Quartz support in GnuCash. <gripe>Why can't MySQL support be included in the Mac OS X binary download?</gripe>
>>
>> I successfully used MacPorts to build and install gnucash with libdbi. It opens in an an X-term, and allows MySQL to be selected.
>>
>> I then followed the wiki instructions (http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/Quartz#Building_Libdbi_Drivers) to delete the X11 version and re-build for Quartz. I can now successfully run gnucash from a Terminal window rather than an X-term, and it lists MySQL as one of the "save" options. Whew!
>>
>> However, I'm having some difficulty understanding the making of a bundle (http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/Quartz#Making_a_Bundle), specifically, where it says "Look through gnucash.launcher and gnucash.bundle and adjust the paths to match your installation."
>>
>> I was sorta hoping those files would have something like:
>>
>> #
>> # Change the following to the full path where gnucash resides:
>> #
>> bundle_root = '/opt/local/bin'
>>
>> or something similar. Instead, I feel like I'm in a maze of twisty passages, all alike.
>>
>> Can anyone who's successfully navigated building GnuCash.app help me with the process a bit?
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> It’s a pretty simple XML file, but you probably don’t need to change much if you all of the dependencies are built with MacPorts: Just do
>  PREFIX=/opt/local gtk-mac-bundler /path/to/gnucash.bundle
>
> If you built 32-bit libraries, though, you might be able to just copy libdbdmysql.so to Resources/lib/dbd in your existing bundle. Another user managed to do that a couple of months ago.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

:::: Our food system is cruel to animals, damaging to other wildlife and destructive of the soil. It has also caused great harm and suffering to farmers. The suicide rate among farmers is three times that of the country as a whole. People who love their farms, care about the farm animals and protect the soil for future generations have been replaced with large agribusiness farms and Contained Animal Feeding Operations (CAFO). The loss of the personal touch of the dedicated farmer at the expense of fossil fuel based methods of growing crops and animals has increased yields while damaging land, waterways and lives... The average US farm worker has a life expectancy of just 49 years. -- Pat Murphy