What are files named something like Filename.gnucash.tmp-a00396

Dennis Shimer dshimer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 23:28:09 EST 2015

Nope everything is there except the original file and it doesn't have any
of the date stamp in the name, just the original name with the tmp stuff
after a second dot.

It is a folder we share via bittorrent sync and I haven't even asked if he
noticed something going wrong, I just noticed it and was trying to track
down thoughts before we get together.  The other user is less technical so
I keep an eye on making sure things are backed up and working all right so
I'm fairly certain he never does anything except open the file, enter
transactions, and exit. It could be coming from the sync but I have never
seen anything remotely like this so I first guessed it served some purpose
in gnucash.