Reconcilliation

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Thu Feb 5 14:45:19 EST 2015

Hi Charles,

When you first start to reconcile and it asks you to enter the reconcile
date and balance...  Do you manually enter the correct ending balance from
your paper statement?  Or do you just accept GnuCash's guess?  If the only
way to complete the process is to have GnuCash add a balancing transaction
that implies that either:

1) the balance you entered into the dialog doesn't match the balance on
your statement, or
2) you're missing transactions.

If the issue is #1 then you should quit your reconcile process and make
sure you enter in the correct ending balance from your statement.

If the issue is #2 then you can either use the Balance function, like
you're doing, or you can enter in the missing transactions from the
statement into the register.

Hope this helps,

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745