Housekeeping v archiving

Jamestk davidjamestk at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 16:31:51 EST 2015

Hello good folks,

Back again with another conundrum.

I have read several topics on the subject of archiving recognizing the
problems as explained.

It may be different for other users but my main issues is the number of
redundant accounts including expense and income.

For example house construction project which needed budgeting, a complete
one off but lots of accounts and sub accounts generated. Would it be good
housekeeping practice to leave the transactions but move the expenses into
one obsolete account.

When using the report function unless using the default settings it can be
difficult to select individual accounts or eliminate others, this as
mentioned being the main problem.

The main bank or credit accounts are still functional with up to date
balances, this option would leave entries as is but move multiple expense
accounts into 'archive account' (or category if you use Quicken :)

Thanks,

David