Invoices and Bills mixing up

geminigoddess1962 at gmail.com geminigoddess1962 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 12:00:05 EST 2015

Hi All:

I'm brand new to GNU Cash, I think I'm going to love this program.

I am using the business side of things for my husband's construction
business.

I tried searching here on the forum as well as in the documentation for my
question but got nothing.

I want to create a customer invoice. Here are the steps I created:
1. Create New Customer
2. Create new job
3. Assign job to a vendor (read this somewhere)
4. Select customer and right click to select "new invoice" option.
5. Fill in the info in the pre-dialogue box and click OK
6. I am presented with the "Edit Bill" screen.

The same thing happens when I tried to add a new bill for a vendor. I Fill
in the vendor, add the job and when I click ok I am presented with the "edit
invoice" screen.

Eventually - If I keep trying to add either a bill or invoice I am presented
with the correct "edit" screen.

It's a little frustrating and I'm probably missing something easy...but I
don't know what it is!

Any assistance you can provide will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jill