Accounting Periods

David chrstdvd at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 15:06:14 EST 2015

I migrated from Quicken to Gnu and imported all transactions from 1/1/2012
into Gnu.  Today I used the Close Book function to Zero out Income and
Expenses as of 12/31/2014.

Since Reports in Gnu are Defaulted to Beginning of Accounting Period to End
of Accounting Period, is there a way I can have the accounting periods be
from the first of a month to the end of the month.

I know I can go to preferences and make the accounting period be from "start
to end of month".  Then any report I pull will be for the current month, but
should I do that, how would I close out the accounting year?

That is, I make my accounting periods monthly, and just want to close the
book on 12/31/xxxx, do I need to close the Book monthly or can I just close
it yearly as of 12/31/xxxx?

Hope I said that correctly.

Thank you.