Learning, need clarification

Buddha Buck blaisepascal at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 11:07:26 EST 2015

Please remember to include the gnucash-users list in replies, so others can
benefit from our conversation.

If you can read the .gnucash file as text after uncompressing it, you are
using the XML back end. As of now, unless you are trying to do something
that GnuCash doesn't fully support, it should not matter, as a user, which
backend you use, except that the SQL backend isn't considered ready for
default usage.