Delete. Back, and Arrow Keys will not work in Kubuntu

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 11:24:58 EST 2015

On 13 February 2015 at 16:10, Richard Barmann <dick at stripingthetown.com> wrote:

> On 02/12/2015 05:17 PM, Colin Law wrote:
>>
>> On 12 February 2015 at 21:54, Richard Barmann <dick at stripingthetown.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Suddenly the Arrow Keys. Delete Key, and Backspace Key will not work. I
>>> am
>>> using kubuntu and Gnucash 2.6.5.
>>
>> Try, in a terminal (not sure if it needs sudo)
>> ibus exit
>> If that works then I think you want to install ibus-gtk so you don't
>> have to do it on every boot.
>> sudo apt-get install ibus-gtk
>>
>> See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnucash/+bug/1306500
>>
>> Colin
>>

>>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> I did the ibus exit and it cleared the problem. BUT the sudo apt-get
>> install ibus-gtk does not fix the problem of redoing it when I reboot. I
>> tried it several times with no luck.

I wonder if that is a KDE issue?  Could you add a comment to the bug
describing your experience with ibus exit and ibus-gtk please.  I
think there were other workarounds in the bug, was uninstalling ibus
one of them?  You could try those.  Let us know and also add to the
bug what you have found.

Colin