Invoice and type of account

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 13 20:15:57 EST 2015

Fri, 13 Feb 2015 13:37:05 <1930280.p8p4gk1zOf at lucie>  Martin Mizur
<mmizur at volny.cz>

>Hi,

Hello

>I have a problem with writing an account to invoice items.

I don't know exactly what you mean.

> When you post the
>received advance should I book an item recognized in liabilities.

If you receive money in advance of work or services you are going to do
then it should normally be recorded as income.  Whether the other leg is
a liability or an asset depends on your arrangement with the other
party.

> In GnuCash
>is the type marked Payable. But this type of writing to the invoice is not
>offered.

>Can I use it when it is identified as a liability account.

I think you're asking about allocating payments to invoices.

>Why not use Payable account?

Because that is (if I understand the question) the money you owe people
and you can't go around cancelling it against money owed to you at
random.

--
Wm...