Unable to change language, SOLVED

Bertil bertil.lilja at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 12:16:31 EST 2015

> You have to edit the "environement" file using a program
> like "Notepad" but with administrative rights.
> So in the list of "All Programs" Choose "Accesories"
> Right click on "Notepad" and choose "Run as administrator"
> then edit the file as explained in GnuCash documentation.
>
> I believe that the file is protected by the operating system
> and if you edit it without admin rights you believe it modified
> but it is not.
>
> Good day to all

This does not work for me. To clarify, when I run Windows 7 English language
and set the gnucash language to Swedish (sv_SE or sv_SV ) it does not work.
If I change language for Windows to Swedish, also Gnucash is swedish.

Back on Windows set to English. I tested changing language to Italian in
Gnucash, it_IT and gnucash language changed to italian. Then I copied the
swedish language files to it folder in <Gnucash install
folder>\share\locale\it\LC_MESSAGES

Now I have swedish language in gnucash, hence gnucash does not seam to
identify sv_SV, sv_SE or any other suggested combinations.

Any suggestions, is this a bug?