Mac OS/X, Gnucash 2.6.5 get quotes very slow

Erik Colson eco at ecocode.net
Sun Feb 15 16:17:04 EST 2015

Steve Drach <drach at itsit.org> writes:

> Please find attached quotes.txt listing the 159 quotes Gnucash
> requests for me.  As I said, this data is embedded in 4 http requests.
> If you’d like the raw requests, I can provide them too.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for providing this data.
I've coded a test-file for these and I get answered in 2.01 sec on FQ
1.37, which is pretty good.

I attached the test-file so you might want to test it out on your
system. At command prompt enter:

  export ONLINE_TEST=1
  prove yahoo_speed.t

I guess probably I broke the way GnuCash calls FQ when I released 1.37 ...
I'll have to check that in the GnuCash source but I'm not familiar with
it so that will take some time ...

--
erik colson