import QIF

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 17 13:12:42 EST 2015

Andrew Ralph <andrew.ralph at me.com> writes:

> I am trying to import Qif from a bank, there is no option to select
> date format in the import process that I can see, and Gnucash not
> allowing import till selected.

The QIF importer auto-detects the date format and will only prompt you
if it is ambiguous.  For example, what's the date format for 2/1/15?
But if it's not ambigious (e.g. 1/31/15) then it wont prompt you.  It
will cause an error if there are conflicting date formats, e.g. 1/31/15
and 13/2/15.  This will cause the importer to fail and produce an error.

> Help appreciated

Hopefully the above helped; without knowing the actual issue you have I
can't provide more help.