Stock values are blank

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 17 18:17:01 EST 2015

Tue, 17 Feb 2015 14:29:56 <54E396B4.7060007 at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca>  Tony
Lill <ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca>

>When I go to print a balance sheet report, the values of my stock
>holdings come up blank, for example
>
>FOO.TO            C$
>
>As a result of this , all the sub-totals and totals are also blank
>I checked in the price editor and there are up-to-date prices for all
>the stocks.
>
>Has anyone seen this and/or know how to fix it?

As David and Edward have said you need to choose a meaningful Price
Source date.  I use Nearest-in-time most of the time because I have some
prices in my files surrounding main reporting dates (year ends and so
on).

Whichever price source you choose gnc needs to have some prices to use.
If you are starting out and don't have any prices before or around the
date of your report in combination with your Price Source odd things can
happen.

If you know the price of FOO.TO at or about the date you want to report
on you can enter it by hand via Tools / Price Editor or Security Editor
depending on what it is the price is for.

Your Balance Sheets (you should try both, they are interestingly
different) should then be more meaningful or at least indicative.

--
Wm...