Windows savefile causes to crash next open time

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 17:01:00 EST 2015

On 20 February 2015 at 17:46, NoNameA 774 <nonamea774 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi,

>> > I can open on linux the file that I cannot open on windows.
>> > And I can open on both a file I saved on linux
>>
>> Exactly what version of GnuCash are you using on Windows?
>> This sounds like the "compression bug" that was fixed a while ago.
>> Upgrading your GnuCash to the current release might help.
>>
>> I'm using version 2.6.5(This copy was built from git rev 23d0f79+ on
> 2014-12-19.)
> It's current version.
> I had a new installation this version(I did not use on windows previously).

You did not say you built it yourself.  The compression bug is not in
gnucash but one of the libraries, whether on Windows that means you
might have built the latest gnucash but an earlier version of the
library I do not know.  To confirm whether it is this issue try saving
the file in uncompressed xml (Preferences > General > and clear
Compress Files) then see if you can open it in windows.  If you can
then it is the compression bug.

Colin