Recording Income

Edwin Humphries humphries.edwin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 00:07:40 EST 2015

Hi,

I'm the Treasurer of a small religious group, not an accountant, and
still a GnuCash newbie.

I'm trying to get my head around recording donations; I'm currently:

 1. When a contribution comes in, I raise an invoice. I can find it, but
    it's not recorded as Accounts Payable.
 2. When I bank it, I "Process Payment". I then see it as Accounts
    Payable (which I would have said by then it's not) and not as
    income. However, the amount appears in our Bank Account.

Either I'm getting something wrong in this process, or I'm missing a
last step that transfer the amount from Accounts Receivable to Income.

Help, please :(

Edwin Humphries
Mobile: 0419 233 051