Online banking download

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Feb 21 10:18:24 EST 2015

> On Feb 21, 2015, at 6:03 AM, Andy Pastuszak <apastuszak at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am having issues with getting online banking downloads to work.  They
> worked just fine till the 17th of this month.  Is there a way to get logs
> for what's happening on the online transactions, so I can try and
> troubleshoot the issue?

AQBanking provides a bunch of environment variables that you can set for debugging. Quoting from the README:

> 7. Environment Variables Used
> =============================
>

> 7.1. AQBANKING_LOGLEVEL
> -----------------------
>
> This variable stores the loglevel to be used for AqBanking.
> Possible values are: emergency, alert, critical, error, warning, notice,
> info, debug and verbous.
>

> 7.2. AQBANKING_STORE_JOBLOGS
> ----------------------------
> If this variable is defined then AqBanking will always store job logs with
> jobs. Otherwise job logs are only stored for jobs with a status other than
> "finished". Job logs can become quite big.
>

> 7.3. AQHBCI_LOGBOOKED
> ---------------------
> If this environment variable exists then the file "/tmp/booked.mt" is created
> upon reception of transactions via the job GetTransactions. This file then
> contains a SWIFT MT940 document which can be very helpfull in case there is
> a problem in the SWIFT parser.
>

> 7.4. AQHBCI_LOGNOTED
> --------------------
> Same as AQHBCI_LOGBOOKED but for noted transactions (which are transactions
> which are noted but not yet booked)
>
> 7.5. AQHBCI_DEBUG_JOBS
> ----------------------
> If this variable exists then additional debugging data is stored with each
> job.
>

> 7.6. AQOFX_LOG_COMM
> If this variable exists then all OFX communication is logged to /tmp/ofx.log.
> This is only needed when debugging AqOfxConnect.
> WARNING: This might expose your user id and password to everyone who can read
> that file!

I don't think that the output goes to the tracefile; IIRC it goes to the console, so you'll want to run GnuCash from the command line and redirect stdout and stderr to a file.

Regards,
John Ralls