Paying Invoices

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sun Feb 22 08:12:22 EST 2015

Victor,

Thanks to your data file I have been able to improve the Check & Repair function.

It now works on your book. It still takes over 10 minutes on my computer to run it on your
Accounts Receivable account.

There were a couple of transactions in there with hundreds of mini splits as a result of poor lot
link behavior. It turns out that transactions with many splits bog down gnucash more than
having many transactions. The good news is that the improved check & repair properly fixes
these enormous transactions.

Unfortunately Check & Repair can't correct everything as sometimes there are multiple ways
to correct transactions and without more background it's impossible to decide which is the
right one.

But with the lot link issues out of the way you should be in a much better position to make
your books match your real invoice and payment history.

I'll send you some more detailed information regarding your particular book in private.

Oh, and the Income Statement did not crash on me after check & repair has run.

Regards,

Geert