Multiple businesses ?

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Sun Feb 22 09:08:19 EST 2015

On 2/22/2015 7:26 AM, Russell wrote:
> Can I run separate (multiple) businesses with GnuCash ?
> -  or is GnuCash limited to one business ?
>
> I have two separate businesses that I run independently of each other
>
> Quickbooks PRO (2000 edition) ... Inuit? ... I could manage any number
> of businesses
>
> Thank you
> -  my first "post" with GnuCash :)

The program can manage any number of books. Each of those of course
would be a separate file and each could even be in a separate directory
(file folder).

If you are using gnucash for multiple sets of books, likely to be
unpredictable which set being opened relative to which was last opened.
So you will probably want to use the "nofile" option so gnucash will not
assume that you want the last set of books you had open << when you use
"nofile" gnucash comes up without opening any books and you then choose
which one you ant to open >>

Michael