iOS

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Feb 23 10:07:27 EST 2015

> On Feb 22, 2015, at 6:21 PM, Andy Pastuszak <apastuszak at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I wonder how much work it would be to set up a web front end to enter transactions "on the go" on your phone, if you use a MySQL backend for your data.

That's a bit different from what you originally asked. There's already an Android app for entering transactions, GnuCash for Android: https://github.com/codinguser/gnucash-android. That's in Java, obviously, but there's no reason someone couldn't do the same sort of thing in Swift or Objective-C for iOS.

At present GnuCash's code doesn't respect the MVC pattern and so it's very difficult to write a separate front end, whether web or otherwise. We're planning to fix that over the next few years.

Regards,
John Ralls