Gnucash or Accounting Questions on this list

Rose wdmn65 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 13:24:50 EST 2015

Mike or Penny Novack wrote
<snip quote>

'However, what is needed for GnuCash in my opinion, is two mailing lists:

1. One for accounting questions, that could be answered anywhere.
2. One for questions about GnuCash, assuming the user understands
    accounting.

Unfortunately, not likely to be of help. The problem appears to be that
many people simply aren't aware that they are asking an "accounting
question" rather than a "gnucash question".'

Response fromCCAAT <ccaat at tampabay.rr.com> To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org

You cannot wisely use the tools of accounting and software,
as an entrepreneur, until you have failed at this sort of effort.

OR....
Hire a consultant knowledgeable in the software operation.
Way Back ..and it was a DOS os....DacEasy was the accounting software.
I had a person experienced in that software come into the office and
oversee the set up, and daily procedures in the beginning.
Then I hired an office person who had schooling in computerized accounting.
We didn't fail at the effort.
It was a long time before that data was just used by the official
accountant for year end audit. Initially they redid the whole thing with
their own procedure.
Eventually I found a service who had the same software and a back up
disc could insert our data into their system.
He provided the data for year end adjustments that we had to do.

Acquiring the 'how to books' is still a good idea particularly if the
text references this specific software.

--
Rose
http://rwalbum.gogaxdns.com/index.html