Gnucash or Accounting Questions on this list

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Feb 25 05:42:35 EST 2015

On Tuesday 24 February 2015 17:03:57 Mike or Penny Novack wrote:
> > Acquiring the 'how to books' is still a good idea particularly if
> > the
> > text references this specific software.
>
> Maybe, but I can't picture what you might have in mind. Could you give
> us an example of an ACCOUNTING question where the answer would be
> different for gnucash as opposed to QuickBooks Pro or PeachTree or
> whatever? (or the old fashioned pen and ink on paper for that matter;
> or the slightly newer "spreadsheets with columns set as would be
> lines ruled  on old fashioned accounting paper*").
>
> I would think that to the extent that the text might be gnucash
> specific, that bit isn't an accounting question.

In my experience we don't get that many "pure" accounting questions on the user list. some
may start out like one but most if not all of them end with a variation of "and how do I model
this in gnucash" at which point it stops being a pure accounting question.

This is the "gnucash" user list after all. So every question is interpreted with gnucash use in
mind.

Regards,

Geert