Accounting Periods

David chrstdvd at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 15:56:03 EST 2015

Hey Mike, I studied that method under the Envelope system.  But that system
requires way more time than I want to devote.  Hahaha!  I actually set it
up in a copy of my file and put it in a different folder.

I think it was the part where you actually pay the property tax that made
me stop in my tracks.

The way I have it now only requires me to transfer money from the goal
account and then pay it from checking. In Quicken you have to transfer back
to the savings account then from the savings to checking.  I like this
better.

The trick is not to transfer money to an goal account from two source
accounts.

On my wife's checking account I save, say $500 a month by transferring to
savings goal account.  When that account gets to 3k then I transfer 2k to
her real savings acct where it stays.  I keep the 1k in there a an
emergency fund.

To reconcile her checking account, I tell the reconcile that the online
balance is what the bank says less what is in the goal account.  Comes out
to zero every time so far.