Import Paypal

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 25 18:41:23 EST 2015

Wed, 25 Feb 2015 22:38:43 <54EE40E3.2000902 at inbox.com>  Paul

>Can it be done?

Yup.  I can do it.

Whether you can is another matter.

>I tried the csv - after setting what looks to be the correct options
>and setting columns gnucash proceeds to ALWAYS tell me that:
>
>"There are problems with the import settings!
>The date format could be wrong or there are not enoughcolumns set..."

Well, I'd say that was a damn good hint you were doing something wrong.

>Or perhaps something else entirely... Or maybe the programmers cant be
>arsed to throw exceptions in an ordely fashion. This message is
>pathetic.

LOL, don't shoot the messenger!  Shoot the message!

> I love gnucash but sometime it makes me angry. Like now. How the f***
>am I supposed go about fixing a possible error when I'm given info like
>that?

Understanding your input file would help.

>Anyways, I also tried importing the paypal qif. Everything runs along
>very smoothly and the process completes without a hitch and leaves
>everything exactly as it was before it started its deceptive little
>performance.

Ooooo, deceptive little performance, eh?  I hadn't realised gnc was camp
:)

>Do i really have to type it all in?

Of course not.  Drop your hackles.  Look for a csv to understandable
publicly available converter in this list in the last few months.

Let us know if you're still a bitch :)

--
Wm...