Build Errors on Ubuntu 12.04

Sean McLennan shaav at shaav.com
Mon Jan 5 10:48:24 EST 2015

On 15-01-05 08:04 AM, John Ralls wrote:

> It looks like you're missing some glib headers. That would usually mean you need to install the libglib-dev package, but that also provides glib-2.0.pc and configure would have stopped if that was missing.

Definitely have installed it.

> To get the MySql backend you need only install libdbd-mysql and mysql-client, no rebuilding required.

??!? Say what now?

You, sir, have made my day. But I also want to go have a little cry
too...  I really wish that was stated somewhere in the wiki, but I
haven't been able to find anything like it... the only place they talk
about the database backends seems to be the build page; that in
combination with the fact that at one point I'm pretty sure you *did*
have to build it to enable them.... sigh.  Perhaps I will try and add it
when I have a chance.

Thank you,

Sean