Upgrade question

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Jan 9 09:43:06 EST 2015

> On Jan 9, 2015, at 6:27 AM, Carlo Accorsi <caccorsi at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Been using gnucash for about 5 months and love it. Thank you!
>
> Just joined the list today so forgive me if this question has been asked recently.
>
> I'm on windows x64 version 2.6.4 and
> i want to upgrade to 2.6.5.
>
> I'm thinking I just install 2.6.5 and then copy the *.gnucash files.
>
> However I want to preserve the aqbanking setups I have if possible. This took a while to get right and would like to keep them. Please advise.
>
> Looks like some part of the config is in
> C:\users\<user>\aqbanking
>
> Also the commodities. Are these stored in the .gnucash files? If not can they be migrated to the new install?

Unless you're moving to another computer or put your .gnucash files in the GnuCash install directory instead of somewhere in your home directory you don't need to do anything other than download and install 2.6.5. The installer will take care of removing 2.6.4, and your data and setup won't be affected at all.

Regards,
John Ralls