Launching forum website for GnuCash users

Fast Radio fastradio at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 11 18:03:15 EST 2015

A helpful well constructed website would be nice - lots of work - but nice.

     On Sunday, January 11, 2015 11:05 AM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2015, at 10:45 AM, markaruzicka at gmail.com wrote:
>
> Do you mean you won’t support it as in you won’t maintain such a website? Which I say “of course!” 😊 or that you don’t like the idea?

That we, the GnuCash Development Team, will not use a forum separate from this mailing list for providing user support.
We’ve been around this block a zillion times. This mailing list and the IRC channel are the sole sources for official support.

> I will of course maintain such a website on my own. I’d put it on somewhere and hopefully we could find volunteer moderators and such. The community seems to be very involved, so I thought it a good idea. But I won’t use GnuCash’s name with my own ideas without their “blessings”, per se.  Personally I’ve just found the forum format, i.e., cataloged by category, easier to navigate.

Have you tried Nabble?

> I won’t do it if the community prefers this medium.

I don’t speak for the “community”, I’m just stating the policy of the development team.

Regards,
John Ralls