Currency Issue

Plutocrat plutocrat at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 10:24:31 EST 2015

Les wrote on Tuesday, 13 January, 2015 08:28 PM:
> The problem is that LMDE has not updated the repos since I installed the
> 2014-3 version.  I suppose I can use the Ubuntu deb to install, or
> download and install the latest tarball.  But I would prefer using the
> offical repos.
> Are there other methods I have overlooked?

This is normal with distributions which are on yearly / occasional releases. I used the GetDeb repository to update mine when I wanted a newer version.

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Ubuntu#GnuCash_.40_GetDeb

After getting the version I needed, I disabled the getdeb repoistory, by commenting the line in
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list thus:

# deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu trusty-getdeb apps

Hope this helps.