Error running FinanceQuote Update.app on Yosemite

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Jan 13 11:59:05 EST 2015

> On Jan 13, 2015, at 7:51 AM, David Bergum <dib at red-sky.us> wrote:
>
> I get the following error trying to run FinanceQuote Update.app on the latest Yosemite installed from Gnucash-Intel-2.6.5-6.dmg.  The shell script in Resources/bin works just fine.  I have installed Gnucash in a subdirectory under /Applications, if that makes any difference.  All other respects of 2.6.5 are working fine for me.  If the png doesn't come through, the error message is:
>
> 	The variable gnu_fq_update is not defined. (-2753)

Did you also move FinanceQuote Update.app to the same subdirectory as GnuCash, or are you running it from the .dmg? It needs to be in the same folder as an instance of GnuCash.app in order to find gnc-fq-update.

Did you paste that error message or type it in? It should be gnc-fq-update not gnu_fq_update.

Regards,
John Ralls