Alternate Accounting Period for Reports

MythX jason at sheeponamission.com
Tue Jan 13 21:17:48 EST 2015

Hi, I use GnuCash for my personal finances, nothing fancy.  I recently
started using the reports though and am running into a bit of a problem.  I
get paid once a month, usually the last day of the month, sometimes a couple
days prior to that.  Direct deposit rules around weekends and holidays throw
it off.

Anyway, that paycheck I receive on 1/31/2015 will pay bills and such for the
month of February.  What I'd like to do, is start my month on the 25th of
the previous month, with the last day happening on the 24th of that month.
In the above example 2/2015, that month would go from 1/25/2015 to
2/24/2015.

Is there a way to set it such that when I set a report period to start on
"1st day of previous month", and end "last day of previous month" it's aware
of my alternate month?  My alternative is just to go into the report
hardcode the start & end dates of the report, but I have to update them each
month.

Thanks in advance.

Jason