Converting GnuCash to Quickbooks

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 15:57:16 EST 2015

Tom,

I suspect that you are out of luck on this. GnuCash’s export functions are limited at best, and I am reasonably certain that there is no export to QuickBooks format. That format is highly proprietary, and the GnuCash community doesn’t have access to the specification. Indeed, there isn’t even an IMPORT function for QuickBooks data.

Your only real option is to try to find some roundabout method to achieve your goals. Perhaps some method that involves an intermediary format, such as csv or qif, or perhaps finding some method munging the raw data (either in XML or SQL formats). Remember that if you mess around with your data at that level, to have backups in case things don’t work the way you hope or expect.

David