Problem with GC 2.6.5

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 00:31:08 EST 2015

On 1/15/2015 11:05 PM, David Carlson wrote:
> On 1/15/2015 2:37 PM, Colin Law wrote:
>> On 15 January 2015 at 20:25, Les <lelliott5 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Before I got GC 2.6.5 to run properly (I really did not do anything) I ran
>>>
>>> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile.
>>>
>>> The script returned a message "no file or directory found".
>> What do you mean you 'ran' it?  That is a link to web page.  You
>> should just be able to click it from the email or copy the link into
>> your browser.
>>
>> Colin
>>
> ...and that web page describes how to get a trace file in various
> operating systems, including yours.
>
> David C

I think someone told me that the very first time you open a data file
with the 2.6.x family of releases after using older releases, GnuCash
does some extra stuff to set up certain things and to check and possibly
correct some subtle errors that may have crept into your file in the
past due to bugs in previous releases.  Thus it may take a lot longer
time to open the the very first data file after the update than you are
used to.  After that, it probably will run faster than before.  I know
that release 2.6.5 is noticeably faster in Windows 7 than release 2.4.13
was before.

If it seems to be working OK now, that may have been what you saw earlier.

David C