Alternate Accounting Period for Reports

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Sun Jan 18 10:40:43 EST 2015

>> While I might agree, and the ISO agrees with you and me as well (there are two ISO standards - day/month/year and year/month/day), it happens that pretty much the entire USA uses the Month-Day-Year format, probably because it translates directly from the way they prefer to say/write dates in words: January 18, 2015.
>>
>> And getting the entire USA to switch that, would probably be harder than getting them to go metric.
Actually, use of Julian date (yyyymmdd) is rather common in programming,
at least internally. The point is that makes the dates ordered (simple
to sort as numbers rather than a multiple field sort). And it isn't very
difficult to have a "output edit" routine to convert the Julian dates to
what the users expect to see in report outputs. Nor is the function that
will return the difference (how many days) between two Julian dates all
that complicated.

Michael D Novack