commodity income/expense accounts?

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 22 15:56:41 EST 2015

Mon, 12 Jan 2015 13:47:54
<21684.5850.38142.231186 at perdition.linnaean.org>  Daniel Hagerty
<hag at linnaean.org>

>    gnucash insists that only stock and mutual fund accounts are able
>to use non-currency commodities as the account commodity.
>
>    Is there any reason for this?  I've certainly received income in
>commodity form.

Sure, but gnc takes the view that they have some monetary value, if you
don't know take a best guess, it is all you could do from an accounting
POV after all and you can change it if you get a firm figure a week
later.

Trading accounts may (or may not) make things clearer.

>    It seemed easy to change; the patch below seemed to work.
>
>commit 6dd27dd50fac7269f9208622de0c0ba3893a6c74
>Author: Daniel Hagerty <hag at linnaean.org>
>Date:   Sun Dec 28 11:18:37 2014 -0500
>
>    Allow all commodities for non-stock/mf accts

ummm, this was posted to

>gnucash-user mailing list
>gnucash-user at gnucash.org

you'll need