Loyalty Fund Account

Jill Terry jill at babrees.co.uk
Sun Jan 25 09:56:20 EST 2015

Using GnuCash 2.6.5

Trying to set up an account to track reward miles.  Looking at 10.2.1
User Defined Currencies
http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.6/C/gnucash-guide/currency_acct1.html

It states, "The first method is to define a new security, of type
*FUND*, called RewardMiles. This is pretty straightforward–when you
create the new *LoyaltyGroupRewardMiles* account, just set the account
type to *Stock* or *Mutual Fund*, click the Select... button next to the
*Security/currency:* box, and click New to define a new security of type
*FUND*."

Sounds simple, except that When I create a new account the only account
type I have is CURRENCY and there is no "New" in the Security/currency
box either.

Is this another bug or am I simply being a dumb blonde?

Cheers
Jill

---