non profit and charitable accounting, text book recommendations, please

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 25 10:16:04 EST 2015

Sun, 25 Jan 2015 09:15:52
<CANdhgFWCf=HamCWU_eY1Z_h+aEVxKkxDAVwj2Bt8STXJ1uKPPA at mail.gmail.com>
jcard21 xxxxxxx <jcard21+gnucash at gmail.com>

>On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 7:47 AM, Wm <wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> Does anyone have any recommended texts other than
>>
>> ===
>> Accounting for Governmental and Nonprofit Entities
>> ===
>>
>> most recent edition, which I'm going to get my library to order in the next
>> day or so.
>>
>> There seems an unusual dearth of academic writing on this.
>>
>> Is it a case of english not having many reference works about this?  Do
>> other languages have a full bookshelf and my first language is letting me
>> down?
>>
>> Considering the billions under management you'd think there'd be a number of
>> texts and a good few authoritative web sites about this.
>
>Did you try this:
>
>http://www.google.com/search?q=non-profit+accounting+in+UK

I get adverts from that in spite of having adblocks on :(

Would you be so kind as to suggest specific links I should investigate
further?

P.S. In case anyone is concerned, I don't need professional help, my
org, like many others, has a caring auditor for free.  I do the books he
double checks, he'd do the same if it was a company.

I'm wondering what the reference points are.

--
Wm...