subsequent year

Del Kentner dlmrgnk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 08:21:58 EST 2015

Thank you.  Got "around" or "solved" the problem. I'm not sure exactly what
the problem was, is or will be.   It appeared Gnucash, at times, saved two
files for each set of books I worked on one being the Gnucash file and the
other a text document.  It is POSSIBLE I asked it to open the text file
although that doesn't make much sense.  Ii is probably the answer is in the
user's manual someplace but I've not had the time nor inclination to wade
through it.  For me, that appears to be looking for a needle . . . etc as I
did a search for "save" or "saving" and "backup" which left me as ignorant
as when I started.  :).
  This is a fantastic program which is FAR superior to the commercially
available resident or cloud stuff.   I've tried Wave and another online and
used something from Personal Accountz for a number of years.
  So you guys ought to be rich.  :)
  It is very convenient to create the precise set of accounts and that is
golden!
  Getting me to be able to use Gnucash is, BTW, ione less block keeping me
from switching to Linux--which I'd dearly love to do.  Accounting and a
resident GPS piece of software were keeping from doing that and now only
one block remains. That's a good thing.
DK