Cash Flow Report Between 2.6.3 and 2.6.5

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sun Jan 25 16:51:23 EST 2015

On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 18:29:19 +0100
Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:

> GnuCash on Windows definitely won't use compiled scheme files since
> we're still using guile 1.8. It will only use the scheme source files
> like cash-flow.scm. You need to restart gnucash after replacing
> files. And also Windows lies about the actual contents of some
> directories. If you used Windows Explorer the replace the
> cashflow.scm file it's possible gnucash is still seeing the old
> version. I don't know the exact details of this Windows mechanism, I
> can only point out potential issues.

Windows 7 caches versions of old files which worked in the past, and
continues to use them.
I admit to several years of headaches trying to find out why a
particular computer never paid attention to its config file for a
certain program.

I can't recall how you find the caches copies and how you destroy the
ability of the system to cache any more.

Liz