subsequent year

Dave H hellvee at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 18:35:58 EST 2015

Also covered in section 3.1 of the wiki -
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_What_are_all_these_.gnucash_and_.log_files_filling_up_my_directory.3F

Seriously you need to read the wiki section on managing a Gnucash
Installation which answers most if not all of the questions you have raised
-
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#GnuCash_Files_and_managing_a_GnuCash_installation

Cheers Dave H.

On 26 January 2015 at 08:44, Del Kentner <dlmrgnk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for the suggestion.  The problem was not that I was looking at
> MRU files but that I couldn't find the files Gnucash and I had created and
> then, when I did find them, there were many, many more than the three I
> really wanted.  I'm still not exactly certain how all those got created but
> by fumbling and stumbling and good luck, I identified the three wanted ones
> and deleted the others.  Another mystery to me is that most if not all
>  that I didn't need had an associated text file with them.  Perhaps those
> text files are useful to some but they hold no useful information for me.
>   Since you guys are so helpful, there is another question which I may
> have seen referenced in the user manual but I'll mention it here for the
> heck of it.  Does Gnucash always save a "new" and different file every when
> I click save after entering a transaction?
> Cheers back atcha.  :)  DK
>
> On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 4:32 PM, Dave H <hellvee at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It is all explained in section 3.1 of the wiki as I said yesterday ....
>>
>> Are you getting confused by files which show up in Gnucash's most
>> recently used file list and no longer exist physically because you deleted
>> them in Windows Explorer ? If so check out section 3.1.11 of the wiki at
>> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_I_have_deleted_a_gnucash_file_from_my_computer._How_can_I_remove_that_file_from_the_File_menu.27s_short_list_.28MRU.29_as_well_.3F
>>
>> You'll probably benefit from reading the whole of section 3.1 on Gnucash
>> files,  log files,  etc.
>>
>> Cheers Dave H...

>>> Recycle Bin.
>>> number as
>>> symbol.
>>> same
>>>
>>> Firstly, unless you specifically saved your gnucash file with the name
>>> Farm.Gnucash.20150123112318, then that is not your original accounts
>>> file.  Each time you save the file it makes a backup file by appending
>>> the date/time to your filename.  So your actual file was presumably
>>> Farm.Gnucash and the above file is the backup that gnucash saved at
>>> 11:23::18 on 23rd Jan.  Note that the full name will actually be