assign 1 payment to different invoices

__ tereque at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 03:17:14 EST 2015

hi Geert,

thanks for you feedback. highly appreciated as always. But
unfortunately I don't quite get where I want to be (using 2.6.5)

On 1/29/15, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:

> On 2.6.5 you could do this:
> - remove your payment attempts such that all 3 invoices are completely
> unpaid.
> - Business->Customer->Process Payment
> - Select all 3 invoices which will propose a payment of $19,-
> - Hit ok to accept that payment to your cash account.

that gives me a 1 payment line in the customer report. reducing the
total sum owed as per payment. Which is same behavior as ever

> - Now open your cash account register
> - Enable split view on the payment of $ 19,-
> - Adjust all splits to your taste - each of the splits matches one
> invoice, so lower the payment amounts as you want and then adjust the
> balancing split to $6.

I have the amount actually received on my cash account and now split
the A/R side of this transaction into 3 parts which I distribute as
planned. So I have 6.- on the cash account side against 3 splites (3.-
& 2.- & 1.-) on the A/R side That works.

But this results into the exact same output on the customer report (1 payment).
printing the Invoices shows a payment with the value of the 1st split
on my INV1 but no payment is printed on INV2 nor INV3.

If I go to each invoice and say pay invoice there as well the payment
value for INV1 is reduced, payment values for INV2 & INV3 are not.

Am I doing something wrong?