Postpone feature not saving 'R' transactions

Jamestk davidjamestk at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Jan 30 07:41:17 EST 2015

Hello folks,

I have been carrying out some rather long account reconciliations which
sometimes into the next day. There's not a huge amount of entries but many
need editing or cross checking with other sources before being accepted.

As I approached the end of one account one entry appeared incorrect so went
ahead and tried to delete it, no joy. I hit the edit button to jump into the
transaction but it took me to the end of the register as no entry existed.

Spotting an issue pressed save button then postpone in the hope it would
re-index itself and all would be okay. It did part from losing all of the
reconciled transactions which needed re-entering.

Just as a precaution I checked the 'postpone' feature again, not because of
a problem but wanted to make sure everything is okay - sure enough it forgot
those previously reconciled transactions.

The good news is the 'finished' feature works okay making the entries
correctly.

My worry here is that the database may now be corrupt in someway affecting
future activity, is there anyway of checking integrity for this particular
situation? (I have used the error checking function before).

I am still using v2.6.3 on Win 7 Pro which is very slow to load (I pop down
to make a cuppa slow).

That's not a real issue and should be overcome by moving to Linux later this
year (already have 2.6.5 installed on Ubuntu 14.04, very nimble).

Many thanks you kind people.

David