Budget reporting for a time interval

R. Victor Klassen rvklassen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 17:33:07 EDT 2015

When I run a budget report, at least the one I’ve found, I get the option of showing actuals, budget and differences, and the total for the year.

But there doesn’t appear to be a way of asking for how I’m doing on (say), the first quarter, or the first five months of the year against projections.

When I do get, if I want to see actuals, budget and differences, is so wide I can’t see it without scrolling, and then the accounts scroll off to the left, so I can’t see the totals for the year and the account names at the same time.

What I would like would be something that looks like this:

Account	Actual	Budget	Difference

….

where I get to select the date range, the accounts, and which year’s budget it’s based on.  All of these I have, except the date range.

Am I missing something?  This seems like a very basic form of budget reporting.

Optionally I’d like to have the specific months in the date range, but then I’d really want the left column to freeze when I scroll.   Maybe I have to copy it into a spreadsheet for that.