tracking bank service charges

gg gg at mailinator.com
Thu Jul 2 12:46:07 EDT 2015

I'm lloking for help on registration of bank service charges, such as fees
for opening accounts and card issuing.

I have a standard business setup of gnucash.
All incoming payments are registered as positive numbers on Income->Sales
account. This automatically reflects on balance of Assets->Current Assets
account.
I figured that Bank expenses should be registeted as transactions to
Expenses->Bank service charges account. But which account should be used as
Transfer From account? I think it should probably be one of Current Assets
subaccounts (likely Checking Account), but all these subaccounts are zeros,
so payment would make this subaccount account negative. Am I right about
this?