No suitable backend found

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 11:30:14 EDT 2015

On 4 July 2015 at 16:08, Chris Brittain <chrisbrittain at lineone.net> wrote:
> I have recently upgraded to 2.6.7 on Win 7 and had six different accounts

Do you mean accounts files?  Each file contains many accounts.

> before upgrade all available through the file dropdown. Since upgrade I just
> have two. I have tried to open via the books/ "file".gnucash.gcm but just
> get message "no suitable backend found" can you help??

The accounts files will not have the extension .gcm (unless you
explicitly name them that).  The convention is to have the extension
.gnucash but files initially created with an early version may have no
extension (or any extension you gave them).  So look for files with
the extension gnucash.  If the name has an embedded timestamp
(YYYYMMDD etc) then that is a backup file.  If you cannot find some of
them perhaps they have no extension or perhaps they are in a different
folder.  Wherever you put them.

Colin