Where does Gnucash save it backup files when using mysql data source

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 04:34:05 EDT 2015

On 5 July 2015 at 09:18, L. D. James <ljames at apollo3.com> wrote:
> I've only worked with a
> few accounting problems, I believe all of the ones I've seen perform a
> backup when exiting.  It appears the developers have a lot of concern for
> the novice computer users who neglect to backup and are later crying trying
> to find a way to recover their precious data once the active version becomes
> corrupted... just like a number of users in previous different threads have
> been afraid to upgrade for fear of losing their data. I've told them in each
> case to just backup their data, or use one of the default backed up
> versions.

I don't think a novice computer user will be using mysql or
postgreSQL.  A system administrator setting those up must understand
how to maintain and back up the databases.  I don't think gnucash
should get involved in that.

For sqlite I believe the database is simply a single file, so I
imagine in that case gnucash could use a similar backup strategy to
the one it uses for xml files.

Colin