Changed Entry Dates after updating from 2.6.4-2 to 2.6.6 and/or 2.6.7

nvsoar nvsoar at charter.net
Mon Jul 6 15:28:54 EDT 2015

On 7/6/2015 12:11 PM, John Ralls wrote:

>>> Could you be more specific about that, please? Where did you set the date format and where were you seeing the incorrectly parsed dates?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> John Ralls
>>>
>> If the "you" is nvsoar, then the answer to the questions are that I didn't set 'ddmmmyyyy' as a format; just entered the date in the register entries in that fashion.  This was several versions back and I am now unable to recollect the problem that I was unable to fix other than by using the default date format for my locale -(USA).
> Yes, nvsoar, I was replying to your message. So in your case you tried to enter the dates in a way that GnuCash doesn’t understand and they immediately were misunderstood. I think that’s rather different from what Detlef is reporting, but we’re still waiting for him to clarify.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls
Roger - to clarify, the 'ddmmmyyyy' date entry was used for several
months until I did something that upset Gnucash, and was subsequently
properly chastised.

Off topic; yet pertinent - many thanks for your active participation in
GnuCash development and support.

All the best from the Carson Valley,
nvsoar