Sort transactions by date within a day

GT-I9070 H gti9070h at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 14:44:31 EDT 2015

> GT-I9070 H <gti9070h at gmail.com> writes:

> >     > Here are our troubles. This is an excerpt of a transaction on
> GnuCash
> >     XML
> >     > data file:
> >     >
> >     > ...
> >     >   <trn:date-posted>
> >     >          <ts:date>2015-06-26 00:00:00 -0400</ts:date>
> >     >   </trn:date-posted>
> >     >   <trn:date-entered>
> >     >          <ts:date>2015-06-27 16:17:35 -0400</ts:date>
> >     >   </trn:date-entered>
> >     >   <trn:description>test</trn:description>
> >     >   <trn:slots>
> >     >          <slot>
> >     >                 <slot:key>date-posted</slot:key>
> >     >                 <slot:value type="gdate">
> >     >                        <gdate>2015-06-26</gdate>
> >     >                 </slot:value>
> >     >          </slot>
> >     >   </trn:slots>
> >     > ...
> >
> >     I don't see any trouble here.  This looks like a perfectly normal
> >     transaction.
> >
> > Yes this is perfectly normal transaction.
> > I refer to the value of dates that produce the sort and that gdate does
> not
> > have hh:mm:ss.
>
> That's not a bug.  GDate is a date, not a timestamp.
>
> >     Can we go back to the original suggestion... why can't you use the
> >     number column to order transactions within a day?
> >
> > I couldn't because I had other information in this field, but now after
> much,
> > much manual work I transfer this information to another place and I'm
> using
> > the Num to order.
>
> That doesn't matter; you can continue to have other data in the field.
> Just put a number at the beginning.  E.g.:
>
>   1 <other data>
>   10 <some other data>
>   15 <some other data>
>
> So long as it starts with a number you're fine.  As soon as it hits a
> non-numeric the sorting stops.

Excellent information, very useful but arrived a bit late to save me lot of
work I had. However, I'm now with my transactions most organized and my
information better distributed.

And out of respect, I did not used code to do the hard work.

> > Although this is not a very important thing would be great to sort by
> posting
> > date and win the Num field to use for something else.
>
> It does sort by posting *date*.  It puts transactions on Jan 1 before
> transactions on Jan 2...  :)

 Not Derek, ordination which I refer is the subject of this thread "Sort
transactions by date Within a day".

Thanks.

Regards
GTI