GnuCash Income - How to manage?

Dorel Ciornei dorelciornei at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 9 00:31:14 EDT 2015

Samuel,You need to create one Income account.When you get paid, you 'transfer' the money from that Income account into your Checking, Cash, or whatever account you use to keep track of that money.I have for example this accounts:
Income -> My PaycheckIncome -> My Side Business
Income -> Wife's Paycheck, etc

When you get paid, you could enter manually the transaction:Go to your checking account (or cash account if you get paid in cash)Enter the Amount you got paid in the Deposit column, then in the 'Transfer' column pick the proper income account. Once you enter the transactions, the deposit will show in your checking, but also you can see it in the income account you picked.

Personally, I set a reminder that memorized when I get paid and from which income to which Checking the money is going. So when I enter it, I click the "review transaction" and change the amount to the correct one I got paid. (That is also where I split to show the taxes, insurance and anything else it is taken from the check, but the balance still goes in my checking account).
I am not sure I helped, but others may have better answers.Good luck.

Dorel