GNUCash Import QIF - Help Please!

GT-I9070 H gti9070h at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 12:49:33 EDT 2015

> GT-I9070 H <gti9070h at gmail.com> writes:
>

> > As far as I know currently CSV importer does not import CATEGORIES.
> > Do you suggest extending the CSV importer to allow assigning categories
> too?
>
> Sure, you could do that; effectively pre-assigning a destination
> account.

I did not understand. What are you saying? That The CSV importer currently
imports categories?

> I have no objection to adding that as an option to the CSV
> importer.

Ok. Thank you very very much!

> >     For interfacing with GnuCash Android I'd suggest the
> data-file-sharing
> >     approach if you actually use multiple currencies.
> >
> > Ok, I'll start the tests, but as far as I know GnuCash Android does not
> yet
> > support multiple currencies.
>
> I think it does, but I don't know to what extent.

We have accounts in multiple currencies but still can't make transfers
between accounts with different currencies.
Ngewi Fet said it's because he needs to develop to get online rates.

> > I think my case is very unusual, I live in one country and my assets are
> in
> > another.
>
> Then why not just track everything in the currency where your assets are
> and ignore the "local" currency?

I do not see how to do this if I do exchange and spent money on "local".
This would be record the exchange direct how spending and not as a transfer
of assets?

Also, we are addicted to information, the more the better until it leads us
to the hospital!

I like to make price comparisons from different countries, an idea the cost
of living for me.
My transactions record the date, the local price, the rate that cost "that"
money and a idea of price in my default currency.
We have an expensive or cheap notion much better in our default currency.

Thanks

Regards
GTI