Cross Platform, Cross Version

sajan at noppix.com sajan at noppix.com
Sun Jul 12 12:52:02 EDT 2015

I've just started a new business and want to use GnuCash for all
accounting and do it myself, outsourcing my single employee payroll to
someone else.  I'm primarily a Linux user and was thinking about syncing
the company files to our file server and opening them up from different
laptops and computers.  I'm wondering will I encounter any issues if one
laptop opens up the company files with GNUCash version XXX, make some
changes, save.  Then I open it up on a different computer with a
slightly different version of GNUCash?

Reason I ask is because I have a mix of laptops and computers, some
running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, some running Ubuntu 15.04.  Plus, I if I don't
get my way, I might have a single Windows 7 computer as well.  All of
these will have different versions of GNUCash, but will open the same
set of files off the file server.

Let me know if this is a giant disaster waiting to happen, or if I
should be okay.

Thanks!

Sajan Parikh